Friday, November 1, 2019

End Your Day With Something That Makes You Happy

End Your Day With Something That Makes You Happy

It is common sense that the way a person feels about their day often depends on how I spent the last hour of it. So plan into your evening positive thoughts, feelings, and activities.

Research shows and experience will tell you the importance of this time. The fact that doing something both relaxing and enjoyable at the end of the day causes us to reflect upon the entire day more positively is helpful. The idea that you should wind down before bed is fairly common knowledge, of course; read any article about sleep and it’s going to suggest taking some time to relax before your actual bedtime. (I also know that many of us are so time-strapped that finding an extra hour just to relax might feel impossible.)

I love to watch how parents spend time with their children before they sleep. The rituals and bring positive perspectives will serve them for a life-time.

I have a better day when I end it with something both relaxing and fun—and if I could find something that made me laugh out loud, that is even better. Then develop the habit of reading and meditating on scripture, reflect on God's gifts (or work in your life), and talk with God in prayer -- go to sleep happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment